top of page

Hire Periods (Please include time for your set up and clearing away)

Morning: 9.00am -1.00pm

Afternoon: 2.00pm - 5.30pm

Evening: 6.30pm - 10.00pm

Evening extension: 10.00pm - 12.00 midnight

Please note: The evening extension for public entertainment, including stage plays, must conclude at 11.00 pm.

Hire Charges

Per session (period):                              £14.00

Per Day:                                                    £40.00

* Hirers will be charged a refundable prepaid deposit of £50. If the hall is left in a undesirable state, any additional cost for cleaning or rubbish removal will be deducted from your hire deposit.


Once your booking request has been confirmed, your deposit and booking payment must be made in advance to our Treasurer via BACS, cash, or by cheque, made payable to Boscastle Village Hall and delivered to the treasurer. Regular users, with the prior agreement of the Treasurer, may arrange to pay on monthly account.

Safety requirements


Seating plans for various types of function are available from the Caretaker and these layouts must be followed to comply with Fire Regulations and Hall Licences. For public entertainment including stage plays, chairs must be locked in rows and there shall be no standing in or obstruction of aisles. Access to emergency exits must be kept clear during your hire and performance.
If a large number of tables and chairs are required for an event such as a wedding reception, dinner etc, the layout must be approved by the Caretaker.
All exit doors must be unlocked and checked for operation before any event in the Hall. The doors must be locked at the conclusion of hire.
Attention of all hirers is drawn to the Standard Conditions of Hire, especially concerning such matters as safety, damage, licences, the sale or supply of intoxicating liquor, and occupancy.

Other Conditions:
If the hirer intends to have a bouncy castle or similar amusement, proof of insurance in advance of your hire period is required.

Any hirer intending to serve alcoholic beverages will require their own alcohol license

bottom of page