Standard Conditions of Hire
If the Hirer is in any doubt as to the meaning of the following, the Booking Manager should be consulted.
For the purpose of these conditions the term Hirer shall mean an individual or, where the hirer is an organisation, the authorised representative.
1. The Hirer will, during the period of the hiring, be responsible for the supervision of the premises, the fabric and contents, their care, safety from damage however slight, and the behaviour of all persons using the premises, whatever their capacity, including proper supervision of car-parking arrangements so as to avoid obstruction of the highway (Gunpool Lane).
2. The Hirer shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described in the hiring agreement, and shall not sub-hire, or use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way, nor do anything or bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the same, or render invalid any insurance policies in respect thereof, nor allow the consumption of alcoholic liquor thereon without written permission under a license.
3. The Hirer shall be responsible for obtaining any such licences as may be needed, whether for the sale or supply of intoxicating liquor, or from the Performing Right Society (PRS), Phonographic Performance Ltd (PPL), or otherwise, and for the observance of the same.
4. The Hirer shall ensure that nothing is done on or in relation to the premises in contravention of the law relating to gaming, betting and lotteries.
5. The Hirer shall comply with all the conditions made in respect of the premises by the Fire Authority, Local Authority, the Local Magistrates' Court or otherwise, particularly in connection with any event which includes public dancing or music, or other similar public entertainment or stage plays.
6. The Hirer shall, if preparing, serving or selling food observe all the relevant health and hygiene legislation and regulations.
7. The Hirer shall ensure that any electrical appliances brought by him to the premises and used there shall be safe and in good working order and used in a safe manner.
8. The Hirer shall indemnify the committee for the cost of repair or replacement due to any damage done to any part of the property including the curtilage thereof or the contents of the buildings, furniture, fittings and equipment which may occur during the period of the hiring, or as a result of the hiring.
9 .If Should the Hirer wish to cancel the booking before the date of their event, and the committee is unable to conclude a replacement booking, the question of the payment or the repayment of the fee shall be at the discretion of the committee.
10. The Hirer shall ensure that the minimum of noise is made on arrival and departure to the Hall.
11. The Hirer shall ensure that no dogs except guide dogs are brought into the Hall.
12. The Hirer, shall at the end of the hiring period, be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounds in a clean and tidy condition, properly locked, and secured, unless directed otherwise, and any contents removed from their usual positions properly replaced, otherwise the committee shall be at liberty to make an additional charge against Hire's hire deposit.
13. The Hirer shall not make any alterations or additions to the Stage Lighting or Public Address System if hired, without written permission, and shall pay for any missing parts, breakages and/or damage to same
14. In the event of the Hall, or any part thereof being rendered unfit for the use for which it has been hired, the committee shall not be liable to the Hirer for any resulting loss or damage.
15. The Hirer shall ensure that any activities for children under eight years of age will comply with the provisions of The Children Act 1989 and that only fit and proper persons have access to the children.
16. The Hirer shall ensure that the maximum number of persons present in the Hall at any one time shall not exceed one hundred (100), unless prior permission has been granted to them in writing by the Cornwall County Fire Brigade.
17. The hirer agrees to remove all rubbish from their event, or have a rubbish removal fee deducted from their refundable deposit..